U P D A T E
Volume 7 Issue 3 Page 1 of 2
The staff at TPNN wishes you a safe
Summer Safety Quiz
Summertime is now here. For most children, this means more outdoor activities (swimming, camping, bike riding, etc...). For all caregivers, this means being extra vigilant to keep your child safe and healthy. Take this quiz to see how well you know these important summer safety rules.
1. You are outside gardening and accidentally spray your child with an insect killer. You should...
a) Wash it off and observe her for symptoms
2. A preschooler is safe in the pool alone if...
3. If your child usually begins to burn in 15 minutes, what minimum
SPF should you use if he will be outside for 3 hours?
4. When should you apply sunscreen to your children?
5. Your child touches a hot barbecue and you think she has a
first degree burn. What should you do?
6. Swimming lessons can help younger children...
7. Your child doesn't need to wear a lifejacket when in a boat
or canoe if...
8. To avoid food poisoning at a picnic or barbecue, your children
(Answers on Next Page)
Return to Newsletter Archive